Connect with us

Boko Haram

My Convoy Was Not Attacked By Boko Haram – Borno Governor

Published

on

Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum

Zulum, has accused Nigerian soldiers of being responsible for the attack on his convoy last Wednesday in Baga, a town in Kukawa Local Government Area of the state.

 Mr Zulum was ambushed by suspected gunmen last Wednesday while on a trip to Monguno and Baga towns to distribute food to internally displaced persons (IDPs).

Addressing the army’s commanding officer in Mile 4 after the attack, Mr Zulum wondered why the army has not been able to secure Baga despite the number of troops deployed for over a year.

“You have been here for over one year now, there are 1,181 soldiers here; if you cannot take over Baga which is less than 5km from your base, then we should forget about Baga. I will inform the Chief of Army Staff to redeploy the men to other places that they can be useful,” Mr Zulum was quoted by Channels TV as saying.

But speaking a day after the attack, in another Channels Television video seen by PREMIUM TIMES, on Monday, Mr Zulum said what happened to him was a complete sabotage from the military.

Zulum explaining Baga attack.

Source: Premium times

Boko Haram

Red Alert: Boko Haram Recruiting New Members, IDPs May Be Forced To Join – Borno State Gov. Zulum Raises Alarm

Published

on

 Borno state governor,  Babagana Umara Zulum has raised the alarm that the deadly  Boko Haram sect was recruiting fresh members, mostly from the internally displaced persons, IDPs.
According to the governor,” truly, the Boko Haram sect is working on people to join them. This is frightening. If the IDPs living in camps could not get what they are looking for, especially the opportunity to go back to their various towns and return to the farm, they may be forced to join the Boko Haram sect,” he said.
Zulum spoke in an interview with the BBC Hausa Service, monitored by journalists in Kaduna.
He explained that the IDPs were tired and bored of staying in the camps because they were not getting what they really wanted.
“It is important that they go back to their various towns because no government can continue to be feeding them, continuously,” he said.
He said so far, his government was able to return displaced persons to Mafa and Kukawa, while plans were on to return people to Kawuri.
He expressed hope that the military will intensify efforts and make it possible for people to return to Baga, Marte, Malam Fatori and Guzamala.
Professor Zulum told the BBC Hausa service that the security situation was improving in Borno state, but there was still danger as the Boko Haram elements were still in their hiding place.
” The sect members are hiding at the lake Chad area and the Sambisa forest. There will still be problem unless they are traced to their hiding places. Chasing them away from their headquarters is one of the solutions towards ending the insurgency,” he said.
Zulum however, observed that chasing the Boko Haram elements from Sambisa needed support from Nigeria’s neighbour.
Continue Reading

Boko Haram

Kaduna Killings: Buhari Sent Operation Python Dance To IPOB But None Has Been Sent To Kaduna – Reno Omokri

Published

on

Reno Omorki, Aide to Former President Goodluck Jonathan has said that Buhari knows about the killings going on in Southern Kaduna and in support of the mass murder. He also stated that the Agitating group, Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB who have not killed anybody ever since her existence have been oppressed with Operation Python Dance severally where as the same Fulani Herdsmen that have been going about killing people across the country, Python Dance has not been declared on them by Buhari.

The Politician added that if President Buhari wants the killing to stop in Southern Kaduna that he knows what to do to quench it.

I fear no one,” Reno said.

 

 

He Wrote:

IPOB Killed Nobody, Yet General Buhari sent Operation Python Dance to the Southeast. Herdsmen have killed thousands in Southern Kaduna, Yet no Operation Python Dance is sent there. That is to show that General Buhari is in full support of the killings in Southern Kaduna! General Buhari was the official Grand Patron of herdsmen before he became President. Google it. If he wants Southern Kaduna killings to stop today, he knows what to do. That they have not stop and are instead intensifying, is because that is what Buhari wants. I fear no one!

Continue Reading

Boko Haram

Breaking News: Husband And Wife Dead, Many Injured As Boko Haram Bombs Borno Again

Published

on

The explosions occurred around 12:30am on Sunday, according to residents, who spoke with our correspondent.

A man and his wife have been killed in multiple explosions that rocked Kafan Ruwa town under Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State.

The explosions occurred around 12:30am on Sunday, according to residents, who spoke with our correspondent.

A security source told SaharaReporters that details of the actual casualty figure could not be ascertained yet but a man and his wife were killed in the blast.

The latest incident comes a few days after multiple explosions rocked Maiduguri, killing several persons and leaving dozens others injured.

Borno is the epicentre of Boko Haram’s many years of violence and wanton killings across most parts of Northern Nigeria.

Source: Sahara Reporters.

Continue Reading

About This Site

Igweochacable is all about breaking news, entertainments, Biafra/ IPOB news update , gist, music, videos and lots more from across the globe .

 

Reach us via Email: Igweochacablenetwork@gmail.com

Facebook: Igweocha Cable

Twitter: @IgweochaN

Trending

Copyright © 2020 | Igweocha Cable Network